JKA karate is a unique refinement of the Shotokan style, one of the oldest and most traditional types of Okinawan karate. Since it descends directly from such “original” sources, it has developed from strong roots underpinned by a long history and a great tradition.
Karate trains the mind as well as the body, resulting in improved self-awareness, discipline, confidence and will power. Not only will you become more confident that you can defend yourself, but your confidence to tackle all of life's trials will grow.
- Improve your physical and mental health
- Build self-esteem and strengthen your self-confidence
- Improve your academic performance by raising your level of energy, focus and concentration
- Learn and master self-defense techniques
- Make friends in the karate club for adjustment and coordination